Comment on page
The Blocksquare Token BST is the governance token that serves as the basis for the Oceanpoint ecosystem. To vote on proposals posted on Snapshot, BST holders need to first deposit and stake their tokens in the Governance pool. Staking also enables BST holders to passively accumulate more BST as the protocol grows.
There are three ways to earn BST tokens:
- Participating in Oceanpoint pools. Each listed pool is assigned a share of all BST tokens accumulated for rewards and distributed to participants proportionate to size of stake in a specific pool.
- Providing liquidity. Liquidity Providers to the BST-ETH Uniswap pair are incentivized with BST similarly to other pools. Note: The trading pair will be incentivized only after v0.2 is launched.
- Staking your BST. Users can deposit their tokens to the Governance pool. Staking BST enables token holders to passively accumulate more BST as the protocol grows and receive sBST to vote on proposals posted on Snapshot.
BST tokens are 'deposited' to pool participants, and held by the pool smart contract until a participant broadcasts a transaction to exit the pool, whereupon the BST is delivered to their address.
- Token ticker symbol: BST
- Total supply: 100,000,000 BST
- Team BST vesting: 24 months after launch of v0.1 (22.2.2024)
- Mentors BST vesting: 12 months after launch of v0.1 (22.2.2023)
Follow the link below to see full list of supported exchanges:
sBST can be obtained by participating in the Governance pool on Oceanpoint, a revenue-sharing mechanism that rewards BST holders with additional BST when they deposit their tokens in it. By staking BST, you will get sBST, a tokenized share of the Governance pool that enables you to vote on protocol proposals.